View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #43
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite
also for those who compared Glen to Damo..pls note Glen started to busk on Grafton Street when Damo was just picking up the guitar and he is famous for his angry songs...so i can't even think of comparing him to Damo..
he has a different style of songwriting and a totaly different personality. Also as for the Damien-Lisa comparison...lots of people don't know that a girl, called Noreen was a part of the original set-up of The Frames back when they started in the very early 90's..so i cud say Damo nicked the 'female in the band idea' from Glen himself..
For me, Glen seems far more sympathetic, as a person, a kind of "singer-songwriter next door"

Also, was this Noreen the girl whose grandmother died on a day when she was recording with the Frames when she ought to have been looking after her grandma (sorry about the repetitions, but I couldn't rephrase the sentence properly)? I heard this story in an interview with Glen, but forgot where and which album was it about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort
No, not really. When you buy DVD the movie is usually with czech dubbing but when you go to the cinema it's in english ( / original sound) with czech subtitles. So if you're serious don't hesitate and try to come.
Its really good to hear. I'd love to see it in cinema, the proper way, and if the Czech Republic is the closest, I'll head there (I also have a weak spot for your country, seriously)

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote