View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #40
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Default what a perfect night!

ok, guys!
first of all... i want to say thank you (very very much!) for all this excitement you share with us priceless!

second... iīll try my best to put what i felt (and still feel), what i thought, what i was in that moment into words.

the gig was A-MA-ZING! and much more
as i said, la trastienda is a great venue for damienīs gig, specially this one cause it was just him and his "lowden" (melissa, i couldnīt help to think of you ), but people at la trastienda failed a little, since they didnīt give a bottle of water to damien (some girl in the audience did) and at the end of the gig, they couldnīt play his i-pod properly (quite funny though).

i have to tell you, at this point, i tried to record (audio) the whole gig, but my f*****g mp3 player failed (sorry guys), and hadnīt a camera, so i have no pictures... for now. some of my friends took pictures and recorded some videos, so iīll do some recollection and then iīll share them with you.

well... we had insane (by eva -thank you- request). this was funny. eva shouted "insane"; damien said: "sorry"... eva again: "insane"; alison (handmaid): "please"; verenita: "yeah!"... and damien: "ok, this is for thr three people (in the room, i think, but iīm not sure) who know this song"... cool
he did broke a string... so, he taught to us how to change a string while he was telling us about florianopolis benefit gig, it was lovely!... then, i ask for sand, but he said he didnīt want to break another string (or something like that)... so, no sand
the "weirdooo" (he whispered it) part was brilliant! but it wasnīt eva. it was a girl in the front row i guess.

oh, almost at the beginning, i shouted "we (yes, iīm not selfish ) love you" and he said "i love you too"
i also ask for "ten days to barcelona", but nothing... so i shouted (when he asked what song would we like to hear) "something new" (other people was screaming as well of course), but nothing either... so, no news guys.

about volcano song... iīm embarrased right now , lol. yes, it īs me just right behind damien, with my "grain of sand" t-shirt, my big mouth and all my excitement (lol) singing out loud (and proudly ). he said something like he was told thereīre a lot of talented people in buenos aires (common story, i guess... but it was nice to hear it), so ask for about 20 people to join him (we were more then 30, i guess and he was ok!).. so, i was sitting on the floor (donīt ask), and inmediatelly i stood up and went to the stage. i was the first person who joined him and i had this cute smile of his (OMG)... marti, i think about you at this moment. oh, he add a forth group (all the people who didnīt come to the stage): they had to say: "oh-oh-ho-ho... and clap their hands)... it was such a magical moment!

we heard good stories (but nothing new for you guys) about amie, childish, coconuts skins (my favourite story), volcano (with his "non-politically correct gesture, if you know what i mean). he said: "if you feel like you want to kiss your girl friend, the you go to the bathroom, "relieve yourself -with gesture-", then go back to the room and if you still you want to kiss the girl, you f*****g like her" (or something like this, i paraphrase what he said)... then, he started to sing volcano.

iīll try to remember the full set list and iīll posted later. iīve got to go to work in a few minutes...

at the end... yes, we met him. he chatted for a few minutes (he said he had a lot of fun in buenos aires) and the, he gave us a hug, each. when i had my hug, i said: "for so many reasons, tahnk you"... it was a perfect moment and the hug was... speachless!
ok, heīs shorter than i thought, thinner than i thought and waaaaaayyyyyy cuter than i thought.

ok... i hope i did it well... and iīll post (or give you the links) pictures and videos as soon as i get them.

thanks again to all of you guys!... and eskimos from chile and brazil enjoy!...
oh, and you must to wait outside... itīs a priceless moment!

Last edited by verenita; 01-26-2009 at 10:34 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote