View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #105
TRDW
Eskimo Friend

Went to the Tabernacle show last night. I really really enjoyed it. First of all Damo's stage presence was as strong as ever and I did not miss Lisa or Vyv (sadly) at all. I feel like Damo is being much more creative with them gone and the 3 guys are really meshing well together and are willing to try some new stuff. I also like Tomo on vocals, he seems to be on more backup vocals than when Lisa was around (to be expected).

Highlight of the night for me was the Coconut Skins ----> Percussion Jam ------>Woman Like A Man. This had the whole place moving, and it's during moments like this when I wish the show was general admission so people were standing. I miss the old days. Dogs was really good, Then Go was excellent, probably my second highlight. I was hoping for Prague or Sand, but didn't get it, but was very happy with the setlist. My only minor gripe would be rootless tree on piano. It is just so much better on guitar, I don't understand why he insists playing it on piano. Damien was very jovial with tonight and the crowd was VERY respectful and good. Overall a very very good show.