Thread: Boston 5/22
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #46
Lophashea
Eskimo Baby

OK here we go:
I wasnt sure if I wanted to go last night because I love Damien Rice's music but after the last Boston show I wasn't sure if it was worth the $60 (with fees ) per ticket to hear him do a 20 minute space jam. Man I am so glad that I didn't cheap out because I got my money's worth and more. The last Damien Rice show I went to was my first and was at the Orpheum. It was hands down the worst concert I've ever seen (as seen by my posts in the old boston thread). Last night, might have been the best show I've ever seen. The setlist was nothing short of amazing and the acoustics at the opera house were incredible. I couldn't believe you could hear the piano keys hit their peak when he played them. Simply amazing. The crowd, like always in a small intimate venue, was ignorant. But I will say in my section no one talked during songs. The only problem with my row is that I felt like I was doing the wave because people kept getting up to piss. Although they were rude and immature they didnt say a peep during cannonball (which sent tingles down my spine). Also why do people feel the need to yell about Lisa? Just ask the person next to you that is a real fan and you will find out where she is. That has to be the most annoying thing. That is like asking Brian Johnson where Bon Scott is!(Only a little different because he is dead but you get my point). In closing I would like to apologize to some of you. I trashed you in the last boston thread and said that you guys didn't know what you were talking about and had no taste. I knew that many people intelligent people couldn't be wrong but then again Britney Spears can sell out the TD banknorth garden Hey and those pics that corey took! Wow those are better than press photos. You have an amazing eye and I hope you do that professionally. If not, you should.

Last edited by Lophashea; 05-23-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Lophashea is offline   Reply With Quote