Thread: Boston 5/22
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #52
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

jb,

Yes! So glad you mentioned this. I think this means that I win the difference of opinion I had with my wife last night about this on the way home. BTW - she's tough to beat in an argument, but I don't feel crazy anymore.

Let me say that I can't imagine a show without her and I'm amazed by her skill. In addition, she's got a great voice and plays a pretty good piano. Easy on the eyes too!

From the perspective of someone who took 9 years of drum lessons, and is trying to learn how to play a guitar, (even if I never get better than lousy!), I was shocked by her percussion skills. Most bands joke that they have musicians and a drummer. Most decent musicians can pick up the sticks and put together a decent beat. Where is this heading...I have never in my life seen such a talented musician look so helpless with drum sticks. It just boggled my mind because she has rhythm, but seemed like she had never picked up an instrument or drumsticks before. Everything from the grip, to her playing seemed off. Maybe she hadn't rehearsed this, or maybe she was sending a message to Damien to stick his sticks up his arse (which would be funny), but it was odd.

Any thoughts? Anyone else catch this?

dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpats
On a different note during Coconut skins they did a percussion break down. If anybody watched vyv during this it was easy to see that might have been the first time she ever picked up drum sticks. I thought that was funny.

Oh an Cory excellent pictures!
daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote