View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #117
Teppic
TiredSugarJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusholme Ruffian
I got Block B, row B at Manchester this morning so I'm really pleased

My sister can have the other tickets I bought yesterday. Row B!

Interestingly there's no mad scramble for tickets this morning at all. I wonder if these gigs will sell out?

First things first: Congratulations on getting such good seats. And yep, you were obviously right about it being a full house show...

Which takes me onto the less positive part of my post sadly, because i'm getting more than a little annoyed when it comes to getting tickets for Damien's gigs right now. First with the Apollo i don't get any warning about there being a pre-sale despite having been on the official mailing list for a long time, and when i go to order tickets on the morning of them being "put on sale" i'm told the best i can order are at the back section due to most of the tickets having been sold in the pre-sale a day earlier (another Damien Rice fan on the forum i run with my girlfriend mentioned the tickets had been put on sale a day earlier than had been listed on the thursday evening, but after phoning around i was told that the only tickets they were selling were for downstairs, and standing isn't an option for me). So i lose out thanks to a complete lack of warning via official channels (just out of interest, did anyone get an email via the mailing list about the pre-sale for those first UK dates?). Fast-forward to now and i get an email about the pre-sale this time, but they then put better seats on sale the following morning? Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't.

To rub a little extra salt in the wound, the site i ordered the tickets from gave a description of the seats i ordered as being "third row from the front". Note the lack of the word 'block' on the end of that line. Since the only seating plan on the MEN website's list where that description would fit is the 'Half House' set up, you can see why i thought it was going to be that, rather than using the whole arena.

So for the second time in a year i can look forward to watching a dot on the stage i guess. Not how i'd hoped my first ever Damien Rice concerts would be going down, i have to admit...
Teppic is offline   Reply With Quote