Thread: Fear.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #7
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

I'm really enjoying everyone's input in all this. Lately I've realized just how self-centered I've been and it really makes me step back and look at the world in a whole new way. And you know, this is nothing entirely new. Every decade has had it's ups and downs and the emotions we're feeling are no different than what those before us had felt. Go on, ask your parents how the politics of their time differed from ours. I'm sure you'll be surprised to find out that there really is no difference at all. As long as we're sitting in our comfortable chairs staring at the tube, surrendering our minds and allowing them to weaken our will, change is forever inevitable. I walk down the street and see a poor man playing a guitar with a case full of change and the first thing that comes to mind is "Come on, do something useful." But when I actually hear the music he plays it's totally different. Could you imagine actually running across Damien this way when he was busking around Europe? Man, I would have loved to have had that experience and then see him grow to where he is now and where he will eventually be. Funny how perspective works huh?
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote