View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #83
melodie
mmm bop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerennie View Post
Holy crap.

Waited out back for over an hour. Damien and Glen came out an sang auld triangle and then talked to us for like 15 minutes. Hugs for everyone. Amazing.

Will post more tomorrow.

What a show.
ahhh, i know i shouldn't complain considering the treat we got in montreal last year, but i would give anything for something like this to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalfire View Post
When he introduced Glen during the encore, he said that he had two heroes as a teenager. One was Leonard Cohen, and the other was only a few years older than he was. Cohen couldn't be there, but Glen could. It was a very sweet moment. They were obviously in great spirits, even after the show. They just came out and sang The Auld Triangle to us, with Glen prompting Damien on which verses to sing (obviously he's learned the lyrics since the Warsaw gig!). They were very friendly and patient with everyone, shaking hands, smiling, hugging, listening and engaging.
awww, i love this so much. glad you got to be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspirationDestination View Post

2) Glen exudes warmth and is so comfortable around people. He kind of works the room/sidewalk. He has a lot of emotional intelligence, I think. He was almost fatherly/big brotherly with Damien. Damien was nice to everyone, but seemed more socially awkward and uncomfortable even with an adept wingman. He doesn't need "game" though, because ladies love a brooding, dark fella...

3) Damien has exceptionally kind eyes (you can sometimes tell in photos, but this is very apparent in real life).
having briefly met both, i completely agree with this.

thanks everyone for the photos and videos and stories. i'll return the favour after tomorrow's show in montreal!
melodie is offline   Reply With Quote