View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #70
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumni
But Spamlet, can you really talk? You have been wrong on almost everything you said you were sure about, carefully editing the lines so that you dont look yes like an a fool. Cocunut skins etc, etc.
Yes, I can talk: not one bit of what you just said there was true.

There is no etcetera about it. Timmy and I disagreed on what two words in that song might be. "Cookin' coconut skins" seemed an absurd line to me when he first proposed it several months ago and I still think it is but having heard Damo sing it recently at other places (thankfully, with a much clearer delivery) I immediately realized, improbable or not, Timmy was correct. He's gloated accordingly.

However, I didn't edit any lines about the Coconut skins in the thread where he and I had debated it. I never even filled in the blank space because I was never sure what he was singing there and though I said it sorta sounded like a few different just as odd phrases, never for a second did I claim to know for sure what it was.

I've already explained the "Accidental Babies" cup controversy ad nauseum but once and for all: the only word that has been proven incorrect had absolutely nothing to do with the accusations of inaccuracy which you cited. You re-opening this thread four months after the fact, stating that I should have somehow been able to predict the future when Mr. Rice would almost a year later decide to ad-lib a few words live and then ignorantly insulting me as being always wrong is patently ridiculous.

People at this site have frequently personally asked me to decipher lyrics too hard to figure out precisely because they saw that I am the opposite of rubbish at doing this job. No one else here has ever spent more time and effort on insuring that the lyrics be correct. I've used multiple methods and been mocked for it but I am not ashamed to say I take the task of being accurate very seriously. These are the words of a man I regard as a truly great poet. Every one of them is vital. Therefore it is not petty to devote all of my available energy to getting every word right.

I have transcribed the lyrics of roughly 3 dozen rare songs of both Damo solo and with Juniper here over the last few years. In all of that time I failed to figure out only two words in one song before someone else did. I've also freely admitted that I once misheard one word due to a recording glitch.

That is a grand total of three words I may have missed out of about 20 songs. Even if we averaged it out for a mere one hundred words contained per song (probably much less than half of the actual amount) then I'd still have well over a 99.99% accuracy rate. Staggeringly successful statistics (yay for aliteration!) by any reasonable standard: the numbers speak for themselves.

Now if what you say about liking me is genuine then how about you finally quit behaving like such an a-hole and repeatedly trying to provoke me/ annoy the Hell out of me to the point where I have no choice left but to loathe you? Calling me incompetant is not a good way to make me like you back. It's not funny or endearing. It just makes me want to beat you severely.

I am asking you (somewhat)politely to stop insulting me on this forum, alumni.

If you will at last just leave me alone about all of this then i will be glad to comply in like fashion.

Last edited by Spamlet; 08-23-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote