View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:11 PM   #31
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
Well, after most things were over for the weekend The Frames started playing on the Big Tree, they had planned to do a twenty minute set as a kind of farewell thing, but that plan obviously didn't take off and the whole set lasted for about eighty minutes. Mostly odds n' sods with a few very new songs and a few classics thrown in for good measure. They left after playing the last song and a few minutes later they came back and Glen said something about playing a calm one to send us all off into the night, so themselves and Rónán Ó Snodaigh kicked into Skylarkin' and towards the end started singing the first line of the chorus over and over again, they said that the crowd should keep singing it, no clapping, no cheering, just let them leave the stage, and sing. So everyone did, and then people headed off, but around thirty or forty of us kept singing, Glen walked out to sing with us for a little while, and security were telling us to move along, but we kept singing. About an hour and a half later we were still standing in a circle singing the first line of the chorus to Skylarkin'. I can't really explain why, I think it was just something that people needed to do. I've been in a lot of drumming circles and things like that before, it sort of felt a bit like that. When it ended everyone just stopped at the same time... It was good. But it was one of those things that you just had to be there for, you can't really explain or repeat it. It just was... and that's it.
*Chills!*