Thread: Austin
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
tuckatangent
Eskimo Regular

The crowd wasn't so incredible in my row. Folks kept getting up to drink and just generally obnoxious. It didn't matter much, cuz it wasn't very obvious. Damien was incredible. It was my first time seeing him, so I don't mind the classics. The crescendo of I Remember, I actually started crying because I couldn't believe I was finally seeing it live, not listening on a bootleg or live EP. He seemed to really love the crowd, and apologized for not coming back sooner. 7 years, apparently!!

He reiterated that he's working on a new record, and hopefully he'll be back next year. Standouts for me besides I Remember were It Takes a Lot To Know a Man and anything from O. I missed My Favourite Fadeded Fantasy and I Don't Want To Change You, but hey I waited 10 years to see him. I'll gladly take the oldies!

Personal note, really wish I had enough cash to buy a season pass at this place and get closer seats. Even on presale, I managed 20 rows back in the orch. Closer I'm sure would have lessened the drunk folks. The venue's policy of locking people out of the arena for 45 minutes so they can drink and get sloshed is one reason I'm not big on Bass. But the sound was incredible!! And even shortie me had no problem seeing him. This was the best show I've ever seen.
tuckatangent is offline   Reply With Quote