View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
SillyAnonymousPianist
between the waves

JUNE 2, 2016
Exterior temperature : worse than the previous day, then much better (and by a wiiiiiiide margin)
Weather : ditto

A bit before 6am I was at the shuttle departure.
A few people were running left and right in disarray, one of them stopped next to me with a sad look on his face :
: "-Half the planes are cancelled due to strikes !"
The world was suddenly crumbling around me, it's as if I was hearing thousands versions of myself suddenly crying out in terror before being suddenly silenced.
I was affraid something terrible had happened.

Turned out my plane wasn't one of those that got cancelled.

When we got to the airport it was pouring and I felt like about to board THE ark...
I really was feeling like a poor animal about to get saved !

A few minutes after take-off : oh look there is actually VERY nice weather above the clouds !
So NO : noone stole the sun after all...

I think I've never felt so good being in a plane !

Especially since I thought what could have gone wrong was behind me and that now nothing could stop me on the way to the shows to see Lisa Hannigan's gigs in Kildare (one actually in Newbridge at the Riverbanks Art Center, and then the next day one at Cunningham's bar)

Ahoy ! LAND !
So much green... That must be Ireland !

"Paper House, We The Drowned, Passengers, Songlike Treasures, and all the others :
Here I come !!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!"

Then, after finally realising we had landed it suddenly dawned on me that a few hours ago :
I was in Paris with IRISH WEATHER, and now was in Ireland with FRENCH WEATHER !!!

What a topsy-turvy world...

But then... I also realised that for a few days I'd be on the winning-team side !
So... For now... I was keeping quiet... FOR NOW...

Reaching Dublin with AirCoach.

And being dropped in what I thought was the middle of the city, on a bridge.

Took me a few to reach the train station called Heuston, but it sure was a very pleasant stroll along the river.

Especially when you consider you're lucky enough to be able to take a picture of the famous Dublin Sea Sparrow :
geez those things are stout AND unimpressed !

A bridge I liked !
(So I took a picture, heh...)

And there I think I took the picture probably so as to remember there was a place somewhere on the planet that actually sells shoes my size...

Eventually caught the train to Kildare, and while in the train I saw a tweet saying "some tickets have been put back to sale" !

You do remember I was super tired, and in fact more like exhausted.
What you don't know is also I had tried to email the venue, a week prior to the trip, to know what it was I had to print as a ticket...
And didn't get an answer in return.
Hence me bringing copy of the receipt, the invoice, the internet menu showing I had bought the ticket, and well like 5 printings of several documents, not knowing which one would testify for me buying the ticket...

I. STARTED. TO. PANIC.

Like for real...

"some tickets have been put back to sale"

Sorry WHAT ???

You guys think I'm joking I'm sure.
Well sadly I'm not : I was really in a state of humongous panic !!!

I checked in at the hotel in Kildare with the certainty I was going to spend the evening in my bedroom instead of at the gig...

Later on I met the 3 following jolly eskimos : Caroline, Stephan and Martie. and they spent (poor them) most of the afternoon trying to calm me down. The word I heard the most was :

: "-Relax !"

It... DID become a private joke later on...

Because well yes, and I feel so stupid about it now :
my ticket was indeed waiting for me at the box-office.
It just is some people had cancelled and actually there were a couple empty seats in front of me at the venue... Of course...
But instead of that I KIND OF had the "Nino is late" (Amelie Poulain) syndrom, if not a worse version of it.
And I'm not even telling you some of the other stupid details and irrational thoughts that crossed my mind, silly me, so silly me. Probably the dark side of the song "I don't know..."
(...but I sure am imagining ALL sorts of things)

LESSON OF THE DAY (if not of the WEEK, or MONTH) :
Sleep deprivation is rarely your ally (no kidding...) !

- - - - -

Pics taken by me in between songs because I was shy (even without flash) :

Those are the only 2 that are somewhat viewable, the rest are...
Well I'm not showing them : They're so blurry you wouldn't recognize anyone anyway...
Takes LOTS of skill, I don't have, to take a picture without flash during a gig.
LOTS !
So about the show, I'll relate this in
the relevant thread in the Lisa's subsection of the forum,
this here thread being in the general/everything else section...
Then after the show : meet and greet with the artists.
I didn't imagine this would happen (yeah yeah yeah : I admit I'm an utter noob about tiny gigs)
and...
And then...

So [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] that [REDACTED], then I got super surprised because [REDACTED] actually [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] [REDACTED] and I wasn't prepared at all and thus most probably looked like a rabbit in front of the headlights of a car at night, frozen, paralyzed, for what was like prolly a few seconds but actually felt like... [REDACTED] !

I swear I was like "WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED. !?!"

What an evening, what a day...

Last edited by SillyAnonymousPianist; 06-28-2018 at 11:10 PM. Reason: (correcting broken link for images)
SillyAnonymousPianist is offline   Reply With Quote