View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
SillyAnonymousPianist
between the waves

Unhappy The 2016 What Made You Sad Thread

A few days ago I stumbled on a very nice song by a young english-speaking singer.
I checked her other songs and found out that there were a lot I liked.
I was super happy : new music to listen to !
She has a Twitter account so I subscribed to it.
Been listening to her songs lots these last few days.
Yeah I was happy :
Until this morning...
I was checking Twitter for another reason (gloomy anniversary here in France) and somehow some numbers, some layouts and lists were off (don't ask me how I notice those things) and I realized that, and clicked to check, and well :
That singer had blocked me on Twitter...
I have never twitted to her, never talked to her, never contacted her, well : never done anything to her, I literally have no clue what happened and why she'd do that...
And you know what ? That hurts !
I know : it's stupid. It shouldn't hurt.
I mean she doesn't know me, I don't know her, I never been to one of her gigs, we never met, I only have listened to her songs for the past few days.
And subscribed to her Twitter.
So yeah : I shouldn't care right ?

Truth is : it %#@!? hurts !
It's like I'd be happily running in the countryside with a stupid smile on my face, bouncing around grass and flowers, happily gazing at butterflies and birds and stuff, because, you know, I'm usually a stupidly happy person, and then, right after a turn on the road, or whatever, WHACK : I get hit hard in the face with a baseball bat by some disgruntled person : JUST BECAUSE !!!
With no apparent reason...
I know, I know : #FirstWorldProblem !
I shouldn't feel hurt, I should be able to brush it off, shrug it off.
I shouldn't be that sensible.

Yet, fact is : it %#@!? hurts !
I can't help it. I'm a super sad panda since this morning.
No joy in me to practice the piano, to listen to music, to... I dunnow...

I don't know if it's a combination of several things at the same time though. Is it adding up ?
Cold super bleak weather the last few days, gloomy anniversary today, the dramatic result of the elections in the US a few days ago, a possible cold and general tiredness, and "this" would be the straw that has the better of me ?
Wow am I weak...
Well I found an email on her website for management. So I emailed...
I'll let you know if he/she, well whoever the manager is, answers me.