View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #29
RenataAQP
Eskimo Regular

The show was great!!!!!!! was really happy with the set list, but i agree, i would have loved to hear more songs from the new album.
The show had a bit of a weird/off introduction/start. Idk if it is something the Tabernacle does at every gig or if it was something Damien's people did.
But a voice came out saying that the show would start in 5 minutes and started asking for us to basically turn out phones off and not to forget to enjoy the show and then the whole message repeated again and again until it started fading and then Damien came out. Idk just thought it was so unlike him.

He seemed in a good mood and talked a little here and there. Right before singing IDWTCY he started talking about how sometimes we stay in a relationship even though things are not going well , and for some reason we just keep coming back to it, until eventually one of them realizes that he/she doesn't need it anymore and leaves. He mentioned an analogy about a bird in a birdcage and how then bird would fly out of the cage but then come back to it because it is comfortable there, it's familiar to it. Until the bird realizes he can be somewhere else and doesn't need to go back tothe bird cage. I hope i'm making sense, i'm not very good at explaining things

I think he did get annoyed with the amount of people standing up to go take a piss. it was ridiculous!!!!! it was either having to pee or going to get drinks. Right before starting Women like a man he asked the audience that if they needed to take a piss to please do so right after a song ended, not in the middle of a song! (shouldn't people know this? smh) And i think right after he ended that song a mass of people leave their seats, i guess to go pee haha. And then he said he actually needed to take a piss himself so he stepped out of the stage for a bit.

I thought the girl that sang Cold Water with him was ok. I like some other people don't like it when he asks people from the audience, it just doesn't do it for me. The girl seemed to be trying too hard at the beginning, it sounded even fake or forced to me. Towards the end she did do great and i actually enjoyed it.

He didn't mention anything about a new record or working on new stuff . I saw on instagram that some people got to meet him after the show. Idk if anybody from here got a chance to do so. I had to leave right after it ended so i could be at work on time this morning.

Overall, i thought it was a great show to start his tour. I think he could ever do wrong for me. I like that his hair is a little longer (like it better that way).
I was able to record IDWTCY and Trusty and True so once i upload those on youtube i'll share the links here.