View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 08:08 AM   #115
Triskel2004
Eskimo Friend

Default Damo at HMH Amsterdam

Sorry I didnt meet up with any Eskimos after all my posts for nights out etc. I was sat up at the back in Row 5 18/19 (couldnt sell or even give my spare ticket away!) and whilst there was a fan already in my seat with worse tickets than me and who steadily moved forward in whatever spare seats there were, I really enjoyed the lighting which I havent seen with the full band set up before. I think they did an excellent job and Jonathan excelled on the sound as ever and pointed out it is all digital now so no miles of cables and clutter.
I also felt the first few numbers were a little rushed but likely a need to settle in to the gig. The banter between songs seemed a little distant.
Highlight for sheer power and emotion was I Remember.
Biggest highlight was seeing the opportunity as the encores were beginning,to sneak to very front under Damien. I can confirm he did sing "along" and embellish Cheers Darlin as he had a mic like you get as a studio guest,on his collar (my video shows him checking it wasnt covered over) but of course there was no band so he sang over the backing tape.
Was very well done and quite atmospheric from where I was ,trying to enjoy and hold my camera still. Tyupically half way through my card got full so I had to quickly delete an earler recording to get Cheers Darlin Part Deux!
I did enjoy it though being in front row at Tivoli for Frames was better as was for whole gig!
Pics for both (and Brian Wilson if you are a fan)
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/triskelpromo
Triskel2004 is offline   Reply With Quote