View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #61
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
Thanks ElephantMan for the link and thank you srahman24 for deciphering the lyrics. My only correction would be with the first verse where I remember him saying "Because I have torn apart what's beautiful to prove that nothing lasts" instead of "Because I have torn apart this view before to prove that nothing lasts."
I agree and believe the line everyone's had trouble with is either "and call up faith to finally say", "and cull faith to finally say" or (least likely) "and collect faith to finally say".

Overall, I do like the song- less for the overly familiar chords/strum pattern than for the lovely melody and powerful lyrics (is that a hat tip to GnR's magnificent "Catcher in the Rye" perchance?)

As for Julia, i think she's actually got a lovely voice and think A) she's likely not even a professional singer but rather a fan or someone whom he met recently. He has a history of bringing unknown folks/fans etc up for a chance to sing with him like that. They're often understandably intimidated and nervous. B) The contrast was intentional. Let him get loud and emotional and let her be the opposite. I thought it was quite effective.

Speaking of fans, I wonder what it was like for Damo meeting such a huge influence as Thom. Do you think the "10 Days to Barcelona" trip came up? I wonder if they'd ever duet on "BD2/Creep"...

Last edited by Spamlet; 02-10-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote