View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
malakitt
Eskimo Friend

last night was truly wonderful. he sang "Sand", which is one of my very favourites. he opened with "The Professor" and ended with "Cold Water" and "Hallelujah". before "Cold Water" and "Hallelujah" he made Maria Mena (Norwegian singer/songwriter) join him on stage, and they sang. I didn't know that she was there and it turned out he asked her without being in touch beforehand. they are two of my favourite musicians. now my only other wish is that Ingrid Olava and Damien make a song together (or that Ingrid asks him to do vocals on one of her songs) - hopefully a girl can dream. then there was an encore, which ended with "Cheers Darlin'" and a bottle of wine. it was hilarious and there was a woman and a man from the audience that came up to join Damien for the role play.

he played "Rootless Tree", "Baby Sister", "Coconut Skins", "The Box" ("Wild and Free"), "Back to Her Man", "Delicate" and "Elephant" among others. don't remember the correct order of the setlist. anyway, there was also "Volcano" and "Amie", and I'm sure there are others who remember the entirety of the setlist.

it was quite hot in the church but everyone was seated so I felt like I had a good view even though I wasn't in the front row. when I travelled back home I was a very warm and happy girl. I've read elsewhere that there were several who felt the urge to open a bottle of wine after the concert.
malakitt is offline   Reply With Quote