View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #401
jasonAVO
Eskimo Regular

ironically, just before writing this post i watched 'children of men' about how in the future the whole population is infertile. the youngest person alive was a big star. in the first 30 seconds people are watching the news to find he had been killed....for not signing an autograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic At Large
It is wrong because something that would take close to no time at all, yet would mean a lot to someone, he refuses to do. .
have you ever been asked to do something that goes counter to the moral beliefs of who you are, what makes you the person you are? believe me that 'little' something is a big deal when you are the one been asked(bugged, bothered, demanded) to do it. think about that the next time some boy begs you for a bj. i mean, it would take no time at all and it would really mean a lot to the poor guy.

Quote:
I don't want an autograph, but I would love a picture, just to look back and remember with. I don't think it is too much to ask. It doesn't have anything to do him owing me one, it has to do with selflessness..
selflessness? hehe the purest form of selflessness would be not asking anything of him at all. 'i love everything honest'..... as long as it fits your expectations it seems. and you seem surprised by his selfishness....have you listened to his songs?
Tell me what the **** must I be for you
there are a number of songs of his regarding the difficulty in being true to yourself against the demands of others, about being honest against all those asking you to be a white lie to yourself...great stuff.

there are two very differing views of how the world should be ....collectivism and individualism. there is no in between. either i am here for my own sake, my own happiness, to be my own individual, or i am here for you. and the other guy. to give to the collective greater good. no matter the cost to myself. you see, i would ask, where is the line drawn? where does the ' i dont think its too much to ask' become ' ok im asking too much here'? better question....who gets to draw the line? you or him?

Quote:
oh, and the way you seem to think age defines one's intellectual capacity only proves how little of an understanding of life you have achieved. I would cease to give so freely these "opinions" of yours. They seem to only work against you..
you should calm down and read what i wrote. i never mentioned intellectual capacity. its called experience and that does come with age. and it seems ...
Quote:
I would give him a little bit of a break, but then I have to pinch myself and realize, he is an almost 40 year old man who should have a wiser perspective on things by now...

....you would agree with me anyway

Quote:
p.s. a quote will never be able to make up for your lack of intelligence, but it is a cute try.
strange how the last two posts ive made someone has a problem with the quote i have put at the end my post( for the first and second time ever), something ive done on every post ive ever made on any website.
but back to what you said....
quit trying to be ann coulter. insults dont really make you seem more intelligent. if you need to insult someone to make your ego swell i could recommend a book or two that may help. nothing i said was directed at you personally. but it does seem that what i did write struck a nerve. cheers...

jason

The basic principle of altruism is that man has no right to exist for his own sake, that service to others is the only justification of his existence, and that self-sacrifice is his highest moral duty, virtue and value.
Do not confuse altruism with kindness, good will or respect for the rights of others. These are not primaries, but consequences, which, in fact, altruism makes impossible. The irreducible primary of altruism, the basic absolute, is self-sacrifice - which means: self-immolation, self-abnegation, self-denial, self-destruction - which means: the self as a standard of evil...
-- Ayn Rand, "Faith and Force: The Destroyers of the Modern World," Philosophy: Who Needs It
jasonAVO is offline   Reply With Quote