View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #13
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

Italian Rolling Stone...

Damien Rice, but what a transformation!
But it wasn't a bear? One with sympathy there would agree? But how many questions! Here's the new Damien

Looked like a night like any other. Indeed, perhaps quieter than usual. Damien Rice has a loving and very educated audience. I didn't think a pogata sottopalco or a madman stage diving. However, you cannot run a second and what happens? You stand with Damien Rice on stage completely surrounded by its audience. Well, a hundred of them, maybe ... So it went really, I turned for a moment. It took his kind invitation, addressed to the front rows, to the stage to see long-haired young launch themselves from the top of the Cavea to jump next to your darling.

The atmosphere was always quiet and relaxed, he has never feared for the safety of Damien or danger to the public. Few songs all together and then invites everyone to switch off your mobile phone, to lower the lights of the stage and don't take pictures with flash. But what's going on? To complete darkness, the Cavea, all onstage. Should not be a seratina quiet?

A couple of other songs. All off the stage. Falls to IA and greets with a cryptic "see you later". Since when? Signing autographs? But even as a joke. Fifteen minutes after the end of the show, you find yourself with Damien Rice and guitar, sitting on the ground, surrounded by his audience that continues to sing. He sings and does sing some guys from the audience, giving them the lead guitar, and listening, blessed. It is not enough. Is writing a song and want to try it, teaches in a few seconds the refrain to the public and here is the unedited served. Beginning concert 21.45, exit from the Cavea 1.30. It was supposed to be a night like any other. Just a little quieter than usual. Once again the magical air of the Cavea surprises me. And maybe not just me ...

Damien Rice, ma che trasformazione!
Ma non era un orso? Uno che con la simpatia non c'andava d'accordo? Ma quante domande! Eccovi il nuovo Damien

Sembrava una serata come tutte le altre. Anzi, forse più tranquilla del solito. Damien Rice ha un pubblico affezionato e molto educato. Non pensavo a una pogata sottopalco o a un forsennato stage diving. Invece, non ti puoi girare un secondo e cosa succede? Ti trovi con Damien Rice sul palco completamente circondato dal suo pubblico. Beh, un centinaio di loro, forse... Così è andata davvero, mi sono girato un attimo. È bastato il suo gentile invito, rivolto alle prime file, a salire sul palco per vedere giovani capelloni lanciarsi dalla cima della Cavea per saltare accanto al proprio beniamino irlandese.

L'atmosfera è sempre stata tranquilla e rilassata, non si è mai temuto per l'incolumità di Damien o pericoli per il pubblico stesso. Poche canzoni tutte insieme e poi invita tutti a spengere il cellulare, ad abbassare le luci del palco e non fare foto col flash. Ma che sta succedendo? Al buio completo, alla Cavea, tutti sul palco. Non doveva essere un seratina tranquilla?

Un paio di altre canzoni. Tutti giù dal palco. Rientra per i bis e saluta con un sibillino “Ci vediamo dopo”. Dopo quando? Firma autografi? Ma neanche per scherzo. Quindici minuti dopo la fine dello show ufficiale, ti ritrovi con Damien Rice e chitarra, seduto a terra, circondato dal suo pubblico che continua a cantare. Canta lui e fa cantare alcuni ragazzi del pubblico, prestando loro la chitarra, e li ascolta, beato. Non è sufficiente. Sta scrivendo una canzone e vuole provarla, insegna in pochi secondi il ritornello al pubblico ed eccoti l'inedita servita. Inizio concerto 21.45, uscita dalla Cavea 1.30. Doveva essere una serata come tutte le altre. Solo un po' più tranquilla del solito. Ancora una volta l'aria magica della Cavea mi sorprende. E forse non solo me...
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote