View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #66
hbhdaem
eskimo hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
And yeah cille, I do find Damien somehow intimidating, he's quite friendly and all that, what with the being up for banter and so forth. But physical experiences of meeting people can be different then when you're reading about it, there's something that's a little weird about the way he responds to people, as if you can see his mental reactions to things in his face or something. He's quite expressive, I guess it's a body language thing. It doesn't make much sense when you're reading about it though.
i feel the best word to describe him is 'intense'...it pretty much covers everything.

the second last song lisa did at the big tree was definitely 'gently Johnny' the traditional folk song..

"i put my hand on on her knee
and she said do ya want to see
i put my hand on her breast
and she said do ya want a kiss

Gently, Gently, Gently Johnny, Gently Johnny my gigolo

i put my hand on her thigh
and she said do ya want a try
i put my hand on her belly
and she said do ya want to feel me

Gently, Gently ,Gently Johnny, Gently Johnny my gigolo

ba da da dah..."

but are ya sure thats the one she played at vicar street? Because i dont think it was. lisa usually sings 'gently Johnny’ with the accompaniment of a bongo drums and ‘gut bucket’ bass line...but at vicar street she was on the lowden and Damien was on the electric guitar..hmm?

i'll dig out the recordings of the songs i have her singing and see what i come up with because i'm dying to know what is her own material and what covers she sings.
im not god - no - im not god.i may love you,but I'm not god -
hbhdaem is offline   Reply With Quote