Thread: Boston Show
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 05:08 AM   #67
poe11371
Lost Eskimo

Cool The fabled Amie Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino
Hey there, just wondering what exactly was the story everyone keeps mentioning about "Amie?" Please tell...
(edited out all the um's ah's and such, it was a lot to keep up with)

*Vyv finished playing "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots"*
so, ah, speaking of robots, and machines ....

I don't know it if it's, ah, because people get disillusioned when they allow themselves to get kind of carried over with'ah bit too much emotion, or whether it's when you allow yourself to get carried over with so much emotion that you actually start opening your eyes and you start seeing things differently to other people.
Not sure which way it works, but, ah ...
There was a moment where I remember just, kind of, actually I don't really remember but I have this vague recollection of being sort of, God, so surprising, I was down, imagine that?
And I, hardly ever happens, but, this particular occasion I remember just calling over to a friend's house, and they let me stay in their room.
And got me excited for a while, they were female ya know, very good friends, and I thought "a bit of comfort for the night." *inaudible*. lovely.
But they were planning on staying in their little sister's room, so and I didn't know whether if that was an invitation to join them and their little sister.
I didn't take them up on it, but we were sitting in the room anyway, she sat on the side of the bed for a while, she said "look, I've got a great big window".
She was one of these people who could eat crap, just crisps and sweets. No, not that crisps are crap, but just eat loads of what you call junk food and always be healthy and full of energy. At the time I was a health freak, on my vegetarian nuff(?) diet and I was always sick, ya'know, it's just so ironic.
And, and she had this very positive way of looking at the world she said "just lie in my bed there and spend the evening looking at the stars until you fall asleep and if you find yourself down just pick one of the stars and focus on it and ask it to give you a sign or something" and I was like "yeah, yeah, right, sure."
So instead as she went out the the door I decided to have a wank. Did I just say that?
And I was fine for a while.
Then I resorted to the stars, so I looked up and I picked one, and I was just kind of bleary eyed and could not keep my focus so I just picked a whole gang of them and said "You guys, just give us a sign will 'ya?"
Right in that moment there was a shooting star.
And it's amazing when it's all coincidence and everything and in that moment.
I was all like "digg", it's like "woah" so i decided to get a little bit cocky with the stars ya'know and ask for for a little bit more.
So I looked up and said "Dudes, [editorial note: hearing Damien saying "Dudes" is like hearing Carlton from Fresh Prince saying "Homie"] very good, very good, that was like a kiss on the cheek, give us a real sign, ya'know."
This is the bit that I can't really remember and this is the bit where I don't know whether, I do remember it, but I don't know if I was crazy.
For I saw something and I don't know what it was [editorial note: say what?]
Things move and *inaudible*
And then this song came out if it ...
*then plays Amie -> Sex Change -> Eskimo*

Side note ... why does this thread seem so bitter and divided? We are all fans and we all have opinions (which are like a**holes - we all have one and we think ours don't stink), not all of our personal feelings about the show and such are going to be the same as everyone else's and we do not need to keep trying to get the last word in, if not convince the other(s) that we are right ... so as Conan would say "be cool my babies"

that is all ... for now
poe11371 is offline   Reply With Quote