Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #71
Shillelagh
Eskimo Bro

I just got back from martyrs in Chicago
Such a feckin cool chick
Such a feckin cool venue
Such a feckin cool vibe
Such afeckin cool opener

The low anthem is incredibly eclectic. Theyvsre going to be the best band of 2010. They sound like neil young, bob Dylan, cohen, ray lamntagne, and and new type of antique fusion rolled into one fatty spliff of a band highlights were def cigarettes and whiskey, this goddamn house and cajun something. They use extremely old instinents and then play them through a cellbpgone rely to add distortions and looping. They are the most ironic band in America. Oh my god Charles Darwin

Lisa rocked my world
I now understand why teenage girls cried when the beatles came to the US.
She is cooler than being cool. She's ice cold.
Everything off the album sounded so funky and the grooves were hot and you could tellvshe was enjoyingvthe shut out of it.
Tom thumbs blues was killer
Lady is a tramp would make frank so proud.
Free til they cut me down was smooth

But the highlight of the show was sea sew and the enormous smile lisa had on her face while singing songs she wrote which gave me butterflies in my stomach.

Tomo was sooo solid
And shane was funny making faces at una and tomo the entire time he still kept the bass tight as ****e.

Sea song jam was nasty. So was ocean and a rock.

Please do your ears a favor and get all three of the low anthems albums on itunes. I talked for a wgile them after lisas set and they were so cool and DTE.
I am bummed it is over.
Shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote