View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #38
Lys
Eskimo Regular

I agree, something was up...I have some nice stories to tell involving crashing the party and drinking the Staves' bottle of red wine ), but I will stick to the most important for the moment
The Staves were excellent, I have seen them before and I really like them. If you get the chance, go see them!
After the girls we had to wait quite some time. A group of us was situated on the left side of the stage (no one said we could not stand there before)...and moments before Damien came on, a couple of security monkeys made us move backwards into the crowd. Who of course weren't amused, and so weren't we. A couple of us lost their well deserved good view. Then a piece of white tape was put there to make a line that wasn't to be crossed, or else!! Some of us wanted to sit, to give the others that lost their good view, a bit more sight of the stage. Wasn't allowed either. Touching the stage? Not allowed. Etc...
Then 2 stagelights were burning a hole into the tent. They were put too close to the fabric, so it just melted away. I had a vision of the tent burning and all the people falling over each other to get out. But that didn't happen
Then Damien arrived...took in a glimps of the crowd and immidiately started playing. Not long after, a bunch of photographers appeared right next to us, clicky-clicky-clicky...loud...pushing into people...behind us, there were people talking, most people were holding up phones to make their crappy pics and lousy vids...some were facebooking. Damien looked preoccuppied with the soundboard. Or was it the crowd. Or was it the venue, or just the feeling of obligation to sit up and shake his paw for the record company? Who knows...
The sound was quite loud, but never too loud for me :P
Vocally there was nothing wrong. I think he messed up a line in one song but who cares.
No banter in between songs. Suddenly, I really don't know if it was planned or not, he put down his guitar and left...

Gotta go now, have a very early train tomorrow...
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote