View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:27 PM   #31
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Your same statement applies elsewhere. We dont know damien and lisa and dont really know what happened, then why make this thread?
This thread was made from a musical point of view.

Do I care if Damien and Lisa sing together again in the future? YES, because I like how their voices sound together, and I like their stage presence when they're together. So, musically speaking, if they ever collaborate again in the future, either in the studio or for a tribute gig like this, I'd be more than happy.
But do I care if they get back together? No.
Do I think Lisa has been fired that night? Yes (and damien confirms it in the hotpress interview)
But do I think Damien "acted in an evil manner" (your words)? No. How can you say so? Do you actually know WHY they had that fight before that show? How can you take sides if you don't know what we're talking about? Didn't you ever have a fight with someone and said "**** off" or pushed him away in a rude way?

Quote:
lastly, i find it hard to believe anyone wouldnt come away from the damien hot press interview with the feelings that [...] he felt what he did was the worst thing he's done in a long time, maybe ever and that he shouldnt have fired her.
And the fact Damien feels guilty or regretted his decision implies Lisa doesn't have to get in touch with him ever again?

Quote:
not really seeing how your account of munich is differing from mine?
You were wondering why he fired her right before the gig and not two days earlier etc.
And since you were wondering this, I presumed you didn't remember the hotpress interview, which clearly states that they had a fight before the gig. Before the gig, not two days earlier.
And if they had a fight right before the gig, obviously he fired her before the gig.

Quote:
Im not really backing down from my original argument. we can all admire artists and should. but that doesnt take away from the fact they are human, make mistakes, do mean things, are mean, rude, jerks, arrogant etc...

that makes them human.

Im perfectly happy, and content with dealing with the reality of the situation, in a grown up manner. damien is a jerk, hard to get along with, and is quite rude.
I really don't understand why you feel the need to point fingers.
But ok, go on doing it if you want, but at least don't act like you're the only grown-up man here that knows how the world goes.

Quote:
its sort of like if you have a job you like. the job fires you, without notice, and you are told in a very harsh, rude manner. and then 5 years down the line, you see the boss of that job at the grocery store, and the boss says, "how are you" and is smiling and happy, and the boss says "i'd love for you to come back and work for the company again". this isnt a perfect analogy, as there isnt any indication damien wants her back in the band, but i do think it shows the conflicted feelings one might have about the situation. you'd feel angry, bitter, upset, sad, but also maybe want to come back.
wow, either you have a heart of stone, or you're pretending you don't understand the point because you just want to argue, or you really don't understand the point.
You can't compare a job situation to a situation that involves friendship and love. Firing an employee is nothing like firing an ex-lover/friend/"your-favourite-creature-in-the-world"/whatever-like-that. The fact that you did that analogy makes me think you're one of those trolls that want to argue just for the sake of it.

And just one last thing, for all the ones that don't think Lisa and Damien should play on the same stage for this gig, I wonder if you know Mic Christopher or why these tribute gigs take place in the first place. I wonder if you know how many tribute gigs like this Damien and Lisa have played years ago right before Mic's death, or how close they were to Mic, or how devasted they were when they flew together to the hospital to say goodbye to him for the last time. I mean, I don't know, I'm only guessing, but I guess it would be the perfect occasion for them to play on the same stage again, for Mic. Arguing about that is just stupid.

Last edited by glo32; 10-30-2011 at 11:33 PM.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote