View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #32
Agent99
Eskimo Regular

How does this come off as Damien KNOWING he was going to fire her and waited until 5 minutes before the show? I don't see that.

------

Things came to a head before a show in Munich at the end of March 2007. Following an argument backstage, Rice reportedly fired Lisa minutes before they were due to perform. So what actually happened?

He takes a sip of water before replying: “Her and I just weren’t getting on, and I wanted everybody to get on again. I was such an idealist, in a way, that I just wanted everybody to be happy. I wanted to please everybody. Her and I weren’t getting on, there were certain issues, so I called a band meeting and said “Let’s have a band meeting, let’s sort this out”, because I’m a big sorter-out-er.

But then I think a lot of the band had grown kind of tired of “Oh God, another meeting to sort some **** out”, you know. And even though I didn’t like having the meetings, I felt better sorting the thing out than leaving it lie. And so that was all good, but then we had the meeting and I felt that… I just felt that Lisa didn’t contribute to the meeting at all and just… and I had held the meeting so that she could say whatever she wanted to change, or whatever.

So I went into her dressing room before the show, just after the meeting, and asked her what was wrong, why didn’t she contribute to the meeting? And she said ‘Well, what’s the point? You are just going to do what you want anyway’. At which point I just lost my head. I lost my head, you know.”

He shakes his head, regretfully.

“Instead of whether she was right or wrong, you know… there was probably an element of truth in what she said because at the end of the day there had to be one of us who made the decision. And, inevitably, it was me. But at the same time, you know, I felt like I was very open, but the problem I had at the time was just this explosive head, where I just COULDN’T HANDLE A ****ING PROBLEM! You know? It was that energy, it was like “WHAT IS WRONG, NOW?”, you know, “WHO IS NOT PLEASED NOW?”. It was that energy in me at the time. So I just had an allergic reaction to it if there was something wrong with somebody. It just drove me nuts.

And, of course, when I went nuts then people went, “Oh my God, what is wrong with him? He is such an asshole”. So I just lost the head with Lisa that night, and shouted at her and sent her home, said I was sick of working with her, which, of course, now I realise – it was just frustrated love. I mean, I loved her and just didn’t know how to be around her and… just be friends, you know, just be friendly. So, again, it was a very sort of sad situation”

------
Agent99 is offline   Reply With Quote