View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:45 AM   #36
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

the 5 minutes before the gig thing has long been established. lisa admitted it on the npr interview during the release of sea sew and it was suggested by early posters of that gig in munich that they had seen or heard reports of seeing lisa crying in the hallway before the gig.

plus-Things came to a head before a show in Munich at the end of March 2007. Following an argument backstage, Rice reportedly fired Lisa minutes before they were due to perform.

damien doesnt deny it in the interview and talks about firing her after the band meeting in her dressing room before the show

"just frustrated love. I mean, I loved her and just didn't know how to be around her and... just be friends, you know, just be friendly. So, again, it was a very sort of sad situation"

Although the couple had had many arguments before, this one was different.
"Whenever it happenes before, Lisa just left the tour", he explains. "It happened numerous times, her and I would just get to an explosive place and we just needed space. Like I said, we never had the space to get over things. We never had the space to be away from each other and just appreciate each other and learn how to be friends. And so, that night the frustration came out kind of uncontrollably. Lost my head, as usual. Overreacted to something, as usual."

all from the interview. not the picture of a stable relationship, and not one that was rocked by one argument, but a long history of fights and problems. damien knew.

Last edited by radiohead33; 10-31-2011 at 01:54 AM.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote