View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 02:28 AM   #40
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
This thread was made from a musical point of view.

Do I care if Damien and Lisa sing together again in the future? YES, because I like how their voices sound together, and I like their stage presence when they're together. So, musically speaking, if they ever collaborate again in the future, either in the studio or for a tribute gig like this, I'd be more than happy.
But do I care if they get back together? No.
Do I think Lisa has been fired that night? Yes (and damien confirms it in the hotpress interview)
But do I think Damien "acted in an evil manner" (your words)? No. How can you say so? Do you actually know WHY they had that fight before that show? How can you take sides if you don't know what we're talking about? Didn't you ever have a fight with someone and said "**** off" or pushed him away in a rude way?

And the fact Damien feels guilty or regretted his decision implies Lisa doesn't have to get in touch with him ever again?

You were wondering why he fired her right before the gig and not two days earlier etc.
And since you were wondering this, I presumed you didn't remember the hotpress interview, which clearly states that they had a fight before the gig. Before the gig, not two days earlier.
And if they had a fight right before the gig, obviously he fired her before the gig.

I really don't understand why you feel the need to point fingers.
But ok, go on doing it if you want, but at least don't act like you're the only grown-up man here that knows how the world goes.

wow, either you have a heart of stone, or you're pretending you don't understand the point because you just want to argue, or you really don't understand the point.
You can't compare a job situation to a situation that involves friendship and love. Firing an employee is nothing like firing an ex-lover/friend/"your-favourite-creature-in-the-world"/whatever-like-that. The fact that you did that analogy makes me think you're one of those trolls that want to argue just for the sake of it.

And just one last thing, for all the ones that don't think Lisa and Damien should play on the same stage for this gig, I wonder if you know Mic Christopher or why these tribute gigs take place in the first place. I wonder if you know how many tribute gigs like this Damien and Lisa have played years ago right before Mic's death, or how close they were to Mic, or how devasted they were when they flew together to the hospital to say goodbye to him for the last time. I mean, I don't know, I'm only guessing, but I guess it would be the perfect occasion for them to play on the same stage again, for Mic. Arguing about that is just stupid.
your imagining an argument or statements on my part that never happened. i never posted that i didnt think they should reunite or play a tribute to their friend, or that lisa should forgive him or not forgive him. I never said anything one way or the other, its all projection friend.

What i did do, was point out history between the two. I think, and i know, you know, that lisa and damien have an interesting and turbulent history. one that didnt end well in munich, but seems to have been mended a little in recent months.

For them to do the gig, i do think we all need to sort of understand what happened, to even begin to think they will reunite. That all plays into whether they;d perform or not.

So you think damien or lisa would call one another out of the blue and say "hey, lets forget the past, and perform a one off show for mic". maybe, but i think there would be a hell of a lot more to the conversation than just that.

when you are hurt by someone like that i dont really think you just go "oh hey, lets reunite, lets forgive and forget".
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote