View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #44
Cerque
Resident Irishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33 View Post
according to the lisa hot press interview her and damien have spoken since munich and since that 2009 interview where damien pledged his undying love to her.

i dont think i would be here if i didnt love and respect damien. he created 2 albums of breathtaking beauty, with O being one of the best albums of the 2000's, and he is in my view among the leading lights in terms of songwriters and lyricists of our generation.

that said, i think you can respect and admire the guys work and still consider him a jerk. From Munich on, i maintained he kicked her out. and i was met on this board, by people who acted like i was ignorant of the suituation and that she left on her own, she asked to leave, that she quit etc...

when it came out that damien not only kicked her out, but did so in a manner that haunts him to this day, i think the truth came to light.

damien according to hot press, had long grown to loath lisa. i found and find it odd, bizaare and completely insane of damien, to fire her a few minutes before the munich gig. both lisa and damien confirm this is what happened. A few minutes before show time, he fired her. Lisa was crying in the hallway.

What makes little sense to me, and never did, was why he waited until 5 minutes before to let her know. He's admitted he had grown tired of her, and detested her, and they were fighting, and it seems illogical that 5 minutes before the show, he suddenly realizes he doesnt want her in the band. Why didnt he tell her the week prior. Or the night before that gig? Why wait until 5 minutes prior to taking the stage? Or better yet, if he felt like he didnt want her in the band, and in fact did come to that realization during soundcheck, why not play the show, and then afterwords talk to her? The way he went about it, the manner in which he went about it was rude, and outrageous.

The fact they have been talking is good news. But i think it would be hard for anyone, even someone as even tempered and serene as lisa to forgive and forget what damien did.

Many of us on this board, were upset when lisa was fired, as she was as important to the band as damien is. And i think its telling that even damien realizes this now.

I think its one of those things he will regret for the rest of his life, sadly. And i dont see them getting back together as a couple either, supposedly the lightbody romance ended, and she's dating some comedian now.
I met her at electric picnic with the comedian she is dating. I just bumped into her at about 1 in the morning. His name is David O Doherty.

Although he now sports a mad beard. haha, nice guy, they're good together, I got a hug out of her and all!
Cerque is offline   Reply With Quote