View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #53
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glo32 View Post
I wasn't necessarily talking to you on that, but in the last few days I've been reading a couple times things like "how could lisa forgive damien" and such things.
and by the way, your words: "i'd find it hard to forgive what he did if i was in lisas shoes"
so you put yourself in lisa's shoes and you don't forgive damien. it means you don't think lisa should forgive him. it's your words, not mine, please don't act like you never judged they relationship because you did. in lots of posts.

And what I am trying to say in all these posts is: YOU DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY. You just don't know. You're not aware of everything that happened between them, YOU JUST KNOW 1% OF THE STORY. Or, better, you know 1% of Damien's side of the story.
The thing that makes me angry about your thoughts here is that you talk like you know them or know what happened between them. And you claim this on the base of an hotpress interview where Damien actually explains NOTHING about what really happened, and all he only says is there were on-and-off moments with her and then in Munich he lost his mind and fired her. That's all.

I'll try and understand your point when you have your own interview with Damien where you ask all your questions and he really explains what happened. but until then, please understand that you just DON'T KNOW.

you are right, i wasnt there, and no one on this board was there either. But i dont think that means we have no idea what happened, thats silly. Damien has talked about what happened. As has Lisa. Their accounts are in agreement with each other. its not like damien is out there saying, "oh lisa quit on her own, she was being a jerk", and its not like lisa is then saying the opposite that she was perfect and nice and then damien was a jerk. Their accounts of what happened confirm one another. Secondly, either im a psychic and can tell whats going on halfway across the world from where i live, or i know what im talking about, just a little bit. I maintained from day 1, from the moment that munich gig info became public, i and others were suggesting lisa was fired before the show, as they had seen her in the hallway crying and that this was a few minutes before the show. And that she was fired. That was minutes after the munich gig that i and others were suggesting this. Now, i dont know the specific details of the fight or the conversation, but we know a hell of a lot. Damien maintained in the press phase of 9, that people in the band had been telling him that he needed to think about others and spend less time thinking and talking about himself. this is documented, i saw him say this. Damien's hot press interview gives a detailed account of what happened in munich. Their relationship was strained, on again off again, they were dating other people, then going on stage and singing songs about each other. They both loved each other, or she loved him and he didnt love her, or vice versa. Who knows. We know, from the hot press interview, that damien was agitated, and that lisa was as well, and that she felt she had no say in the band and how it was run.

So we do now quite a bit of what happened. in fact i'd say we know pretty much exactly what happened.

I just find it laughable that people dont really want to accept or talk about what happened. we are here to discuss damien rice. all his albums so far, have featured lisa hannigan, so she is an important part of the damien rice history, and i think its fair to say, she was the muse for the majority of the songs on both albums.

To not understand, discuss, and try and delve into what happened in munich, and why it was so traumatic, traumatic enough that damien says he would give everything up to be with her again, you need to go back, and see what happened in munich. especially given the topic at hand. Anyone who thinks the events of that day werent traumatic for both damien and lisa are fooling themselves. To get back on that horse, and be friends again, after such a really sad thing, would be hard for anyone to do. Lisa was fired. Point blank. I dont know many people who are fired, in the manner she was, and are happy about their "boss" or their former job anymore. you kind of lose interest. And i got to think thats what lisas been thinking about.

This topic or what im suggesting really wouldnt be a big deal if this was some band that just went on hiatus for a few years, and did solo work, but were still a group, still in touch. Thats not how this went down obviously. It ended horribly, so ive got to think that reuniting even for a good cause and benefit like this one is, its kind of a toucy issue i would assume.

We know a hell of a lot of stuff. To say, they had an argument and she was fired, is a gross understatement of what we know. we know what was discussed, we know, what set damien off, we know what was bugging lisa, and we know the two were on again off again, and that their strained relationship, and the fact they were dating other people, then singing such intimate and raw and personal songs about each other each night, coupled with damiens self admittance, and those around him that he was an egomaniac at that point, i mean what else is their to know?

Last edited by radiohead33; 11-02-2011 at 01:46 AM.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote