View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #81
faninor
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
I am anxious for a new album too, but I wouldn't expect or want him to release anything he wasn't totally happy with. Being his own record label gives him that freedom.
I've had some experience with what happens when artists let record companies pressure them to do something they don't want to....it usually sucks. Luckily he doesn't have that.
He is an artist...and he is free to create or not create. Arguing and saying he owes you something isn't going to make it happen. Clearly, he is not motivated by money or fame.
I hope he does release something soon...and whenever, or IF ever it happens...I'll be really excited to hear it.
Luckily, the stuff that is already out there is so great, I never get sick of hearing it.
I agree with this. At the same time, I also think of damienrice.com as a commercial website and that whoever updates the site should be trying to keep fans informed with accurate information.

Quote:
10 Days to Barcelona
On June 1st 2008, myself and my friends Ryan (images) & Mia (navigation) set off on a last-minute road trip from Dublin to Barcelona, squished into my little ol' mini with a portable recording studio. The idea is to stop off along the way in random places where I have to write and record a new song every day, either in the mini or outdoors on a rock or something. 10 days = 10 songs = album Nuevo.
When I read that, I thought it meant we would be hearing more about the new album soon. Several people in this thread keep saying that a new album has never been promised. I think posting about a new album in the news section of your commercial website is as good as a promise, and will leave fans with hopes and expectations.

I don't think anything has been mentioned since the end of the roadtrip? It doesn't take a lot of effort to put a message out that plans have changed, or that the album wouldn't be coming as soon as people might expect.

It's not a big deal. Someday I'll probably hear a new album from Damien. Until then I won't believe a word his website says about it.
faninor is offline   Reply With Quote