View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
SillyAnonymousPianist
between the waves

JUNE 3, 2016
Exterior temperature : 21°C
Weather : Exceptionally exceptional for Ireland

I didn't sleep that night, I slept in the morning instead, I think from 7am to 10am or something like that.
Not too sure. I was happy though and went to explore the city surroundings. Here are a few pics :

Oh and that here is the mythic place where we were about to go for the second show : Cunningham's

Here's a view of the advertising in another part of the city.
Do notice the sign warning there is a curling competition ahead...
(or maybe a game of Hockey ???)

Also that afternoon Verenista joined us !

- - - - -

I only took ONE picture during the gig.
Well not exactly during, just before it started in fact.
Before the gig we had agreed to not be too close, but of course "they" *had* to change their mind and get in the front row.

The front row... No stage...
You'd stretch your legs : you'd risk being stepped on by one of the musicians...

Yes this is how close we were.
This pic above is taken exactly from where I was seated.
That's the first time I've ever been so close during a gig :

It. Is. Daunting.

In a good way sort of, but still super intimidating.
It might not be for many people, but for me it was like standing on the edge of a cliff (and I have fear of heights) :
ya know what I mean, the view is beautiful, breathtaking, and at the same time : your stomach, heart, senses, they all tell you that...
Well... You see what I mean...

Good thing the 4 other eskimos didn't tell me what they had in mind beforehand, I'd have freaked out soooo much...
They tricked me ha ha ha ha !!!
I mean, an hour before, I had told them :
"-Hey how about we get seats but like 2nd or even 3rd row so as to not be too close, we don't NEED to be that close right ?"
And they were : "yeah yeah yeah : sure !"

That said... NOW... With retrospect... I'm really glad they kind of forced my hand : So *yeah* thx guys !
It really was a unique experience : this gig, and also the gig and the meet-&-greet of the day before.

Unforgettable !

More specific details about the gig : There.

Last edited by SillyAnonymousPianist; 06-28-2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: (correcting broken link for images)
SillyAnonymousPianist is offline   Reply With Quote