View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 06:31 PM   #23
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scon
Angela, that's perfectly fine you're ok with all the mp3 shows. If you think they sound fine, I see no reason why you should want higher quality ones. Please try and understand what Mario is trying though, which will explain the frustration, and that it wasn't a personal attack on anyone.
I actually am the first person who will try anything to get a decent recording. I've on occasion worked patiently for (many) months to get a sound board from a producer directly rather than an audience copy.

I also implore those who burn me their shows to *not* go from MD -> MP3. ("Oh, but I compensate for that!". Oh, but I don't have enough discs to send you wave files!")

BUT....realistically (just my personal opinion) some of my favorite live recordings are crappy quality: Mark Geary somewhere over there coming through the static. Emmett Tinley sourced from VHS. And I have some better quality recordings (by people proud of their recordings), but it was a less than memorable gig and then the quality means nothing to me.

It's all about the music, isn't it? And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

It's a bit a ideal vs. reality discussion, the whole thing.

I think Mario's idea is great, but just because he has those standards it doesn't mean he has to slag those wonderful people who have pulled out their mini disc recorders at the Roisin [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] to let me sing along to Glen's latest outpourings. [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

The question is, how do you thus best implement the whole thing! There should then also be a web page you can esnd people to, so they learn how to get Damo's recordings, links to SHN software etc.
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote