View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #21
elephantintheroom
Eskimo Friend

What a ridiculous show. I've seen him 5 times now and I think that one takes the cake. Beast and Beauty is chillingly good. I'd heard the recordings, but live it just has an edge. and CROSS-EYED BEAR!!!!

I agree with people for once on Cheers Darlin'; I didn't really like it the first couple times I saw it because it was too mannered, but Tuesday night was just an Oscar-winning performance. I think it was particularly humorous because the apparent disgustingness of the wine pulled Damien out of character, plus we knew what was coming, so that extra layer of abstraction made the whole experience more farcical and melodramatic but in a way that it was laughing at itself.

Hmm, what else. Most exciting, emotive "I remember" that I've experienced. Damien was just ROCKING OUT. Oh yes, and I loooooved what he's done with the Volcano >> MMY&I >> Volcano >> MMY&I interweaving.

My personal favorite was Coconut Skins. Damien seriously was glowing, with pure happiness. He generally looked SO HAPPY!

It was just a real treat. Thanks to the audience, too, for being such an amazing crowd - completely pumped, and yet still respectful and polite (even during the whole "I'll play you something you don't know" <<copious suggestions from the audience>> "You f-ing know those ones!"). RISE UP, CLEVELAND!
elephantintheroom is offline   Reply With Quote