View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:11 AM   #44
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
Look, no-one's trying to bully you, but this forum has been running quite well for the past five years on the principle that the band are real people, just like everyone else, and don't deserve to have aspects of their personal lives posted on the internet, or unfounded rumours spread about them. That's a rule, there's another against making personal attacks. So it's probably better that you don't start accusing people of being attention whores, dumbf*cks, idiots or 'sheeps'. Especially if the basis is simply that we don't agree with you.

Disagreeing is probably the most valuable thing that a person can do, it forces us to measure what we accept. I disagree with what you've posted for several reasons; A) those blog posts come from fans, there is absolutely no direct input from Lisa or the band. B) Damien and Lisa are very private about their lives, they probably wouldn't convey anything relevant to anyone they didn't trust. C) Lisa singing with Snow Patrol at a concert is absolutely no basis for you to blame Gary Lightbody for her wanting to be a solo artist or for her wanting to make her own album or play her own gigs.

Okay let's get something clear. There was never a point in this thread where I felt bullied, period. The whole bullying thing came from me defending the very people who are always the target of your guys' counter-arguments, and also the very people who are defending my thread. You know, it's very easy to sit back and just write about how you disagree with what several people say even when you don't need to. And there have been many people who have expressed their frustration with these actions. And it really bothers me when people fail to properly investigate things for themselves. When I first read that blog entry I too felt suspicious. But I took the time to trace it back and see if everything fit, which it did.

You're acting as if you personally know Damien or Lisa. But perhaps the truth of the matter is that you're just like the majority of us and don't know either. In this way you are in no position to claim the characteristics of any band member by saying "Oh Lisa would never reveal something like that. She's very private about these things." Shut up.

And I know you have the right to disagree, but this isn't the reason why I focused my last post on you and the other individuals. How lame would that be on my part to simply disagree with you disagreeing with me??? Let's not resort to third grade logic here buddy. You say what you want and that's fine, I say what I want and that works too. By the way, it was a nice try on your part by trying to make me out to be the one bullying others. The words I used in my previous post in no way implied any sort of personal attack on anyone. I know the rules of this forum so I don't need a lecture from you Professor. Oh and "Horrid smells?" What a joke...you should try some Listerine before you speak next time.

Last edited by Valentino; 04-08-2007 at 02:18 AM.