Thread: Troubadour Show
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 10:15 PM   #33
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse
hey valerie! man i was looking for you but ....you know your description
wasn't too helpful....were you in front of the stage?

Hey...sorry for the crappy description...i should have directed you to my picture somewhere in the Other Topics forum. I was in front of the stage on the left side.

I had to keep my earplugs in most of the night because the crowd was so loud when they cheered! Especially this woman next to me...she was like a banshee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kube555
I'm almost positive that the Encore jam started off with an extemely slow version of Bob Dylan's "Just Like Tom Thum's Blues". As I was sitting there I knew the lyrics from somewhere, and I know for a fact that that portion ended with Lisa singing, "I'm going back to New Yor City, I do believe I've had enough".

You are absolutely positively CORRECT!!! I knew I knew that song, particularly that lyric, but I couldn't quite place it. It WAS an extremely slow version of it. Thanks so much for identifying it. It was really cool meeting you, Greg.

Curious picked up on a lot of the things I was going to mention. And as for celebrity sitings, Jennifer Love Hewitt was there, as were Orlando Bloom and Kate Bosworth, and of course Nic Harcourt, who brought out a bottle of red wine and some plastic cups during Cheers Darlin.

After the show, my friend and I were SO starving that we could not wait around, in the rain, to try to meet Damien, but I know jenn fox did - Jenn! Did he come out? Did you get to meet him? I talked to Tomo for a minute or two and asked him when the Children of Bam CD was going to come out. He said that they've been kind of busy lately, but they're working on it. I said that it seems like they've been working on the new album forever, and he said that sometimes they feel that it's been forever, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchsweetsorrow
Met Damien earlier in the day...one of the most genuine people I have ever had the privelege of talking to...and a man of his word...thanks Damien.

I want to know what this means...hmmm
GlttrGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote