View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 07:17 PM   #41
Bumpman

Here's the full setlists for both nights, I took them down as they were being played but there was two or three songs played over the two nights that were getting their first performances. On a whole I'd tend to agree in saying that the first night wasn't as tight as the second night. I reckon that if the band had played the same quality show both nights no-one would have been really able to argue with the quality of the performances. The reason the first show will take a bit of a beating is that the second show was the kind of performance that you dream of seeing once every two or three years. The first night was somewhat held back by the positioning of the band onstage too, they were standing in a line that was placed a bit too far back on the stage, on the second night they were all dotted about the stage along with about fifty candles and some incense, which made it feel a bit more spontaneous and less like a zoo. Also the way the second show started was nice, with the band coming on in increments, it sort of slowed the whole thing down, having a seven-piece ensemble appear out of nowhere was weird on the first night.

The real treats over the two nights were things like hearing Lisa sing Nine Crimes, she's added new vocal parts to it too, and they sound absolutely great. Coconut Skins now has drum, bass and electric guitar parts to it and they really are fantastic, the second night it sort of took on a more paced feel and Damien's vocals for it were quite strong. Is That It My Friend? is a genuinely fantastic song, and I would say is probably in the vein of Cheers Darlin', but the fact that it's been hoarded away for so long is a crime. The version of Volcano on the second night was so tight it almost sounded like a studio recording, I mean it was literally perfect. The best part of both shows overall was hearing Lisa play a song... She was amazing. Just amazing... Anyway, here's the setlists;

Tuesday 29th August

01. I Remember
02. Rootless Tree
03. Delicate
04. Me, My Yoke And I
05. Woman Like A Man
06. Nine Crimes
07. Insane
08. Is That It My Friend?
09. Accidental Babies
10. Volcano
11. The Blower's Daughter
12. Older Chests
13. Coconut Skins
14. (Violin Piece By Cora)
15. The Professor & Babylon & Child, Man, Silly Dog & La Fille Danse
--------------------
16. The Blower's Daughter Part II
17. Eskimo
18. Cold Water

Wednesday 30th August

01. The Blower's Daughter Part II (Solo)
02. Amie & Sex Change (Solo)
03. The Professor & La Fille Danse (With Lisa & Vyvienne)
04. Volcano (With Lisa, Vyvienne, Shane & Tomo)
05. Me, My Yoke And I (With Full Band)
06. Old Tomatos & Delicate
07. Woman Like A Man
08. Nine Crimes (Longer Version With A Jam At The End)
09. Cheers Darlin'
10. Coconut Skins
11. Eskimo
--------------------
12. Accidental Babies
13. Cannonball
14. Rat In The Grain
15. (New Song By Lisa)
16. (Piece By Vyvienne & Cora)
17. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Part I (Vyv On The Rhodes)
18. (New Song By Full Band With Damien & Shane Playing Cowbells)
19. Rootless Tree
20. The Blower's Daughter
21. I Remember (Second Half)