View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 11:30 AM   #23
MelodyMakerMan
Eskimo Regular

You see, you guys over in Ireland are lucky from what I hear. The fact is Rock/Punk/Indie/Folk here in Britain is very very underground, unless your willing to sell out and become 'pop'. From what I hear, the young people in Eire prefer the rock and folk scenes to Dance, and r'n'b... which all the young people seem to be into in England. Now not all pop is bad, good pop is great, some of avril lavigne's tunes are an exhibit of this.. however Britney Spears and her counterparts just drag music down instead of progressing... it's just selling out making as much money for tripe when the real musicians with the real talent have to hold down a full time job and try and fit their music in(i call it a criminal distraction)...and just wait for that lucky break. for example I know loads of singers/songwriters/bands who are better than any chart stuff.. but they'll never make it cos in a small town dump in England your not gonna get that break, unless you really really really go for it... and so the rich get richer and the poor... you know where I'm coming from.

What I've heard the live bands thing in Ireland is amazing and thats what the young people do, I may be wrong.

I'm waffling!
MelodyMakerMan is offline   Reply With Quote