View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #89
owenv123
Eskimo Baby

Still on a high after last night! Everyone has pretty much summed it up but a few points to add would be that he didn't add the 'somewhere' bit in the end of TGB, maybe just a once off? The finale of T&T with Ronan O Snodaigh was really something else, it seemed like they were almost having a musical battle of wills at one point, really going for it. Hope this got taped would really love to see it again myself. The strobe lighting was really blinding, wasn't all that necessary really but maybe the venue only had glaring lights? When people were shouting out requests there were some interesting ones, I was going for Cross Eyed Bear (personal favourite) I heard someone shout Front Door, Face, Lonely Soldier and Insane but a lot of people were shouting for The Professor so he played that one. The support act Jennifer Evans was interesting, very unique sound. Could hear a pin drop though never been to a gig before in Dublin that was that quiet, nearly afraid to breathe during certain parts! Definitely said scrambled egg at the end of the pot story, which is almost impossible to get off a pot, which in his analogy probably meant that whatever he tried to get rid off never left him. He also said that Colour Me In was a song about giving up, which led him to the scrubbing the pot story, something like you keep on going and going but after a while you give up and think well if it doesn't come off this time, it's not going to come off the next time I make soup, which in his analogy probably means that no matter how hard you try to erase something of yourself it remains and you have to live with it and go forward. And make more soup!!! What happened to you after the gig Linda, sorry I had to dash!!
owenv123 is offline   Reply With Quote