View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #206
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
^ I agree with your interpr of the elephant in The Professor. That's what I was meaning in my last post, I always saw it as Elephant/Male and Animals/Females... But do you think it's also the same meaning in Elephant?

As I said, IMO the elephant line in Elephant is literal because Lisa did paint it in real life and really refers to the artwork for the single...

and Hollie, what's your take on the Animals???
I'm not sure about elephant. It certainly seems to fit - but I'm not sure that the whole song is about Lisa. He said it's about the BD and someone else... whether that's Lisa or not I don't know. Be a bit weird singing it with her if it was. But yeah it does fit.

Animals... I just don't know on that one. There's the obvious reference to Accidental Babies so chances are it's about the same person that is... but I don't know what he means by the animals were gone. I like your idea though of it being the women in his life.

Do you know, I get this feeling that a lot of his songs are all about the same woman, perhaps the BD. Obviously, BD is about her, he has also said I Remember is about her, and Elephant, you know... I think she must have really f*cked him over and made him really angry...