View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 06:15 AM   #61
InspirationDestination
Eskimo Regular

Some observations/opinions (not necessarily revolutionary or universally felt) from the aftershow hangout:

1) He has a pretty "pimped out" ride, kind of a bus limo. Probably better than most of our homes. Someone who could see inside the window said it seemed like a southwestern tile backsplash (I'm sure that it came with the bus) and bananas on the counter (I don't know why I find details like this interesting, but I do). "Someone" (we adore) was bold enough to say I wouldn't think you would have something like this. Damien said it's necessary to tour in the US, unless you take an airplane. It’s probably very comfortable between back to back shows hundreds of miles apart (but it WAS ostentatious, IMO).

2) Glen exudes warmth and is so comfortable around people. He kind of works the room/sidewalk. He has a lot of emotional intelligence, I think. He was almost fatherly/big brotherly with Damien. Damien was nice to everyone, but seemed more socially awkward and uncomfortable even with an adept wingman. He doesn't need "game" though, because ladies love a brooding, dark fella...

3) Damien has exceptionally kind eyes (you can sometimes tell in photos, but this is very apparent in real life).

4) I might donate an organ to charity, if he sang Camarillas in Philly or in Prospect Park! It's so honest (and ugly), but I love it. I suspect that he didn't want to release it (and that's why we didn't get it right away). I don't know if he will ever sing it live.

5) I have much more to say about his new outlook on life. It would really be nice to see it reflected in new music. It would just be great to have philosophical discussions with him (I'm sure I'm not alone in this dream) and challenge his perspectives a bit more. I think MFFF is more of a life transition album. I always have poster's remorse, so I'll just leave it at that.
InspirationDestination is offline   Reply With Quote