View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #8
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

I think Pearl Jam does it for the fans...all of the live CDs are at least two CD sets, they're only available for a limited time, members of the fan club have priority. They have gone back and forth on releasing all of them for general sale to the public, non-fan club members. This past tour, they only released certain shows (the best shows) for sale at major retailers.

When they first did it, they released a bunch of shows to the general public all during the same week and went down in history for the most number of albums to simultaneously enter the Billboard charts. I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but it was definitely more than 10 albums all entering the chart that week.

I like that I don't have to try to infiltrate the trading community to try to get a copy of the show. I like that I can just get a copy of the show, regardless of whether there are better copies out there. Plus, I don't have to rely on some people who have certain recordings that they won't put out there....grrrr....I just get them straight from the band and they're pretty reasonably priced.
GlttrGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote