View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Well, I fuggin' love Brandi Carlile(especially her brilliant first two albums) and she's a perfect female counterpart for covering Damo since she has the same kind of raw, heartrending passionate yet vulnerable singing style he does. Apart from her and the always great Seu, though, I can't see how anyone else on this thread is even remotely an established artist.

For example, this Hwang guy has a decent voice but who has actually heard of his band? Same goes for the others (that Aaron guy was amazing but has like one hundred views) except, sorry, Marti but I just really wanted to punch that insanely annoying Keaton guy. Whispered half-talking in a "baby voice" (and out of tune yet!) does not constitute singing in my book unless maybe you are Marilyn Monroe. I hope to Christ he doesn't pull that crap in all his "songs".

I remember Lightbody from Snow Patrol did a BD cover long ago but it wasn't good so that really wouldn't count either as does the lame Idol guy.

I don't think anyone answered the question about whether Glen has covered Damo yet but there's a rare example of a true star who could also actually do him justice.