Thread: Insane cover
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #16
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemike
ah wow im having lessons at the moment but i dont think im very good!! what did you use to teach yourself like books or internet or something?

and your so lucky having such a nice voice!!
Well yeah I got a really good little book I think it was called 'The guitar handbook' or something, and it's just a really simple little book which basically shows you all the finger placements for all main chords, and 7ths and 9ths etc. It was really helpful - and once I could string them together I was able to start having fun!!

I also made a promise never to learn to read tab, or use tab sites to let me know how to play a song - unless I was totally desperate. I sent my self through rather painstaking sessions of sitting and listening to a song trying to work it out by ear! It was really hard at first but I'm so glad I did it, because now working stuff out, providing it's simple, comes much easier, and it really helped me in the actual learning process too!

Good luck with it, I hope it goes well, stick with it!!
xx