Thread: Tour in Ireland
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #106
Moves-My-World
Eskimo Regular

Watched her in Belfast last night

Ehhh well I got there at about seven, an hour before it opened, and you couldn't have guessed a concert was about to take place. Was first in the queue so was able to position myself directly under Lisa's microphone at the barrier.

The opening act, Tom out of "Our Little Secrets", was excellent. He had a very good stage presence dispite being abandoned on stage by the rest of his band and did a very good job of promotion. The crowd had yet to fill but those who were there also appeared to appreciate him.

Then Lisa

The set list which I nabbed at the end was as follows:

Pistachio
Sea song
Blurry
Ocean & a Rock
Passenger
Playground Love
Courting Blues
Venn Diagram
I Don't Know
A Sail (previously Brolly Beats)
Teeth
Lille
__
Blow the Wind Southerly
Keep it All
Personal Jebus
__

Emmm, talking points:

She was joined by a violinist, and although she was introduced about 3 times I didn't pick up her name. Gavin said that "she won a competition to play with the band - she was the tenth lucky caller."

I wanted to get one video and then just enjoy the concert - I was in the absolute premium position for it. So I decided to record the third song, it turned out to be Blurry. I remember reading on the site that Lisa's management didn't want any videos of new songs (I know Blurry is quite old, but it could still apply to this) so I set up the camera on the barrier, let her begin and though "oh sh*t". Then to make the feelings worse, she glanced at my camera twice during the song, aka put it away boyyyyyy. Anyway, long story short, I recorded the whole song and then the video didn't save so I just put my phone in my pocket, thought that's karma and enjoyed the rest of the gig. Thankfully marymac from the site got EXCELLENT recordings. (http://www.youtube.com/user/marymac82)

Passenger was absolutely delightful. Lisa took centre-stage under a blue spotlight while the rest of the band sat at the edge of the stage. The usually busy Mandela Hall (when it's +18 and there's a bar) hushed into an absolute silence for this song. Amazing.

The crowd seemed to enjoy I Don't Know, Lille and Personal Jebus/Jesus the best. There wasn't a great amount of singing along from what I could hear but for these there was. Lisa was very suprised that after about one line of Personal Jesus the whole of the crowd was singing with her. Teeth and Venn Diagram were my favourites, they were definately shivers down the spine moments.

Probably the highlight of the night was Keep it all. Before the song Lisa said she was intigued by a guy that had been whistling alot during the gig. Gavin then asked her to point him out and he'd "sort him out after." Lisa then revealed that she was unable to whistle and could only manage a "pathetic whistling noise", hilarious. She then dedicated the song to the guy and even improvised at a point, which is very worth watching on youtube

All in all, the best time I have seen her live. The band were in very high spirits and it transcended through the music. When we got to the end of Lille and the band moved towards the centre of the stage I wondered what was up. Then they joiuned and bowed and I thought "No way, that can't be time for the encore already." Time just flew and I could have stood idolising right up until Christmas. I honestly was like a kid in a sweet shop, I couldn't take my eyes off her. So Lisa, if you ever read this, I'm sorry for staring
Moves-My-World is offline   Reply With Quote