View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #25
FightthegdFight
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyd
i'm pretty interested in seeing this movie... since someone told me that glen hansard opened for damien one time.. i looked him up and got his Swell Season CD, and i just love it... the music is great and everything, somewhat similar to damien, but damien is still the better of the two :P.. but ya, i started browsing youtube live performances of glen and irglova.. and i saw them doing interviews promoting the move Once, and then i looked up a trailer and i thought it'd be an interesting film, so now i'm looking forward to seeing it sometime soon...
I disagree. Personally, I'm the type of person that likes to know an artist's songs in order to get the most out of a concert experience. So in that sense, I felt that in knowing most of the soundtrack from listening to the Swell Season album gave me a greater appreciation for the music and a fresh look at the songs. (The songs are slightly different in the movie, a little more stripped down) Also they dialog was difficult for me to follow at times with the "heavy" (heavy being relative in this sense) accents, so knowing the music helped guide me that much farther, by knowing it before hand.

But as I said, it was personal preference.