View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #44
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai
For me, Glen seems far more sympathetic, as a person, a kind of "singer-songwriter next door"

Also, was this Noreen the girl whose grandmother died on a day when she was recording with the Frames when she ought to have been looking after her grandma (sorry about the repetitions, but I couldn't rephrase the sentence properly)? I heard this story in an interview with Glen, but forgot where and which album was it about.

Its really good to hear. I'd love to see it in cinema, the proper way, and if the Czech Republic is the closest, I'll head there (I also have a weak spot for your country, seriously)

I found both Damien and Glen very nice people but on the other hand u have to be aware that when they are talking to fans they are being their polite themselves keeping the distance which is totaly understandable when there is a hord of peeps wanting to chit chat to ya...i know Glen better and he is a very chatty, funny person and really tries to listen to everyone and answer questions..he also has a genuine curiosity for people who come up with an interesting subject or truly are interesting characters not just the usual 'how is it going, i love your s**t' talkers and he would engage with these people in a very honest way, not just as a fan-artist level.

i think he is more approachable than Damien in many ways and has a brilliant memory to remember faces and conversations and he will tell it to your face whatever he thinks and will do appreciate the good things he gets from peeps..he really wears his heart out on his sleeve and fair play for him to do that ..also that is the reason lots of people hates him but as they say u can't make everyone happy, can you?

as for the girl and the dead grandma..no it is not Noreen it is Rachel Grimes.her grandma indeed died when they were recording 'In The Deep Shade' for the album For The Birds in Chicago.She has left home to do the session with the band and her grandma died and she couldn't be there with her so all her feelings and grief were reflected in the song which she co-wrote and got to name after all.

Rai, Glen and Mar are playing in Prague after the premier of Once on the 20th of October...think it is sold out though but try it you might get lucky...

http://www.ticketpro.cz/?/detail&id=...-irglov-moffom

Last edited by She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite; 10-14-2007 at 11:56 PM.
She'sAlwaysDressedInWhite is offline   Reply With Quote