View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #86
radiohead33
Eskimo Regular

great point. ultimately anyone who has followed damien for awhile should know how he works, how he interacts or doesnt interact with fans, how he approaches and records the music and albums etc...

its pretty clear he made 0 and got into music for himself, to express something. Not to sell records or be famous, or satisfy fans.

the 6 year break between new albums is frustrating but its completely in character for damien.

no one here knows exactly what damien is really like, but id be shocked if he is someone who courts fame and money and status. i dont get the sense he wrote 0 or 9 to buy a corvette or bmw. or that he lies awake at night worrying what we as fans think. sure all artists want to be heard, but its a delusion of magnificent proportions to suggest that damien owes us music, or an album or a tour, or anything at all. thats just flat out not the role he plays, nor is it the role any artist in history has played, or at least artists i respect. My guess is Delicate, or Rootless Tree, The animals were gone, came from pure, honest places, and they didnt come out of this idea on this board that seem to think they came from, namely that damien wrote them to satisfy his audience and fans. Thats just such a fundamental misunderstanding of the creative process and the role any art plays in society and to the artist themselves.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote