View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 09:48 PM   #48
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

I think we should pay. It sounds like a lot of people would be willing to contribute, and I think if we could raise enough money, it is possible. Damien cand decide whether or not he gives the money to a charity. That is completely up to him. I don't think it is a good idea to tell him what to do with the money though.

I also think he is more accessible than you think. I don't think he's the type of person who would himself unaccessible or surrounded by a posse. He's a regular guy, just like all of us, and a really giving one at that. I don't think he would be that opposed to the idea. I know he works hard, and tours for very long periods of time, so I don't think asking him to do it for free is a good idea.

Also, as far as the technological factor, some of the money may need to go into hiring someone to make this all happen. Of course any eskimo volunteer would be supremely appreciated, we may need to invest in that.

In addition, I'm going to start a petition (aka another thread) to Damien, and it would be great if you could all write something in it saying why you want this to happen. (I don't have time right now, I'm about to tour some monuments in D.C. but I will do it right when I get back!)

Thanks so much for the overwhelming amount of support!

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/

Last edited by LaurenBledsoe; 06-04-2007 at 10:00 PM.
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote