View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #10
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Wow, this is quite the interesting topic. See Damien, you see what you did? I hope you feel responsible and have learned your lesson Mister. Give it a break people. Women vs. Men and Men vs. Women has been such a strong topic for centuries and bickering about on a forum really won't settle anything. You say we live in a patriarchal society now? Lauren this thing has been going on for ages and it especially took full force when Caesar converted his entire nation from Paganism to Christianity. Their old gods were replace by new gods and the dominance of man was justified in their eyes. These Pagans worshiped female spirits and goddesses and were completely content with their beliefs. And look at Middle Eastern/Asian cultures, they abide by the same patriarchal ideals and given that the Chinese have the longest documented history this should come as no surprise. But look at the issue at hand, Damien isn't to blame for an opinion in which you think he is being oppressive to women. You ever listen to Trent Reznor's "Closer"? Give that a try and see what you think.

By the way, I do agree that women are also equal opportunists in this oppressive game of gender rules. And look, acknowledging that a problem exists is a simple task at best. But what are YOU doing to change things? People talk and talk and talk until they run out of breath and then do the same thing the next day when a more controversial topic arises. Find a solution and stop wasting your time on psuedo-progress.

Edit: I love FACE!!!

Your cat is absolutely adorable! I love the serious look as it has quite the human resemblance, Alfred Hitchcock anyone?

Last edited by Valentino; 08-06-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote