View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #29
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe
you dont seem to grasp what it is i do. i sell clothes. i put on clothes and get my picture taken in them. or shampoo or lip balm, whatever. i sell a product by trying to make it look the best it can. tell me, if you were a designer and wanted your clothes to look good on a person in an advert, would you put it on someone with 10 extra pounds or someone that is in top physical shape? it is a business, not something that is meant to make people feel content.
I don't know if it's your age or something - but what you're saying is so... ignorant. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it really is.

Whilst I agree with you that clothes look better on someone who looks unfathomably good in comparison to normal women, and whilst I also agree that the way the media portray women is wrong, what you're saying is so hypocritical.

Can you honestly not see that by looking unrealistic yourself, (by unrealistic i mean not like a bog standard woman) and having photographs of you looking unrealistic whilst wearing clothes, shampoo, lip balm (exactly what you said you didn't want your younger sister seeing forced down her throat) - you are adding to the problem of the media portraying women unrealistically. It's really not a complex concept to grasp - and I don't get why you can't understand it.

Let me put it simply:

You say the problem is the media showing women unrealistically.
You model for pictures used in the media, looking like an unrealistic woman.

Do you see my point here??!